- 300g cold mashed potatoes
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 250g / 9oz peppered Trout (Sun Valley Smoked Trout) fillets, skinned and flaked
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 85g dried breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil, for frying (OPTIONAL)
- salad and lemon wedges, to serve
In a large bowl, mix together the potato, spring onions, horseradish and mackerel, then shape into 8 even-size cakes. Roll the fish cakes in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Cover and chill until ready to cook. Can be prepared up to a day ahead, or frozen.
Gently grill or shallow-fry the fish cakes for 5-6 mins on each side until crunchy, golden brown and hot all the way through. Serve with salad and lemon wedges.